Moong Dhal BhajiYas
- 1 cup moong dhal, soaked overnight
- 1 Teaspoon pounded green chillies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon fine chillies (powder)
- 1 Tablespoon chana flour
- 1 Tablespoon fine chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon fine chopped shallot
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- Wash dhal well, removing all outer skin. Drain well. Grind it twice through a mincer.
- Add spices, onion, greens and chillies. Mix well until frothy, adding a tablespoon of chana flour if mixture is too watery.
- Take ping pong ball sizes of the moong dhal mixture and pat roundly and firmly in the palm of your hand to 1cm thickness. Put a tablespoon of oil in the pan and brown well on both sides, instead of deep frying.
Analysis per moong bhajias (3 x 15g): Energy 261kJ; Protein 3.0g; Fat 2.1g; Carbohydrates 5.3g